Monday, February 15, 2010

Soft Top Cars Two Seater 800cc Does Anyone Own Or Remember Seeing The RENAULT CARAVELLE In The USA?

Does anyone own or remember seeing the RENAULT CARAVELLE in the USA? - soft top cars two seater 800cc

Renault was the two-seat hardtop convertible with the engine in the rear, and was in the Caravelle United States known as a souvenir.

My family had a 1965 model years when we lived in South Carolina. Our car was a blue-gray with a black interior was then painted black. The removable hardtop was cool, but a little heavier than I remember. I also had a hood.

I remember it was a very nice car cruising around the top-down, it worked well but was slow and boring, many electrical problems that I can remember.

My family has been for years, but some jerk fired a few times when the car is stored in a barn on the farm where they were for the summer after moving to Texas so that was the end of it as a glass, and all pa bodynel has had many holes. It compleely broken and destroyed by gunfire!

Sad, but true. No one will forget these cars?

5 comments:

blasito1... said...

You can still have some on eBay Motors

Burts chevy said...

Yes! , A 17 tear old, had a 67 'Caravelle, had a removable hard-top convertible with a manual, four-wheel disc brakes lugbolts with 15'tires THREE. Water-cooled rear engine four-cylinder engine that could (and which) have an angle of 90 degrees flat to 60 miles per hour (I have several times), also had a Dauphine, and 65 are laughing 'not this or cars, they (Renault) good cars, the easy to maintain and fun to drive, especially the Caravelle. I want to meet other Pallars SobirĂ  (who could afford to buy today).

patrice said...

If my father had a! I've never seen (I'm) too young, but my father was very happy with this car ... in France has been named "Florida" ...

Take a look and enjoy

http://macaravellesurleweb.free.fr/2emep ...

oldcargu... said...

Yes, I remember. In fact, in school, I had a Dauphine. The sister of my friend had a Caravelle and how I wanted this book. About five years after graduation, I got you! It is a '61 (still). Pretty renovated and led to more than 300 miles is 29 miles per gallon in 70 years, I have a 67 Caravelle, which must be restored. Brakes are still too hard to find. The 67 has a more powerful engine and performs a beautiful way. The '61 has the same engine as the Dauphine, it was too weak. (0 to 60 in less than a minute, lol), the boat can be in 61 with the key, but it's fun, especially if theres viewers start with the crank.

Mr. Knowitall said...

I remember the Caravelle. I remember there was also a delicacy called a Caravelle. I also remember Renaullt Dauphine. One of my friends had at school. It was very small and very loose. Very French.

When I was in college a friend of my sister was a Caravelle and had made a turn sometimes. It was a fun little car!

Post a Comment